Sunday, May 18, 2014

Grocery Shopping

I don't know about you all, but grocery shopping is one of my least favorite things to do, especially when I have both kids along with me. Then it usually just turns into a stressful situation, especially when it is a large shopping trip. 

A local grocery store built a huge new store several years ago not too far from us and they started an online ordering service. You would 'shop' online, someone else would get all the groceries for you, and all I had to do was pull up, give them my name, pay, and they would load the groceries into the van for me. And I can still use coupons and my rewards card and everything else as if I had done all the shopping myself. I had used it a few times, especially after Kid2 was born and I was recovering from another c-section - was really helpful to have.

Well I have just started a 'diet' with the help of a friend of mine where it focuses on protein, veggies, small amount of fruits, and a small amount of dairy. This week I have just been using what I had at home until I could get grocery shopping. My husband suggested I try their online ordering system again since this was going to be a large order and since he is having to work a lot of overtime right now. 

Wow, have they ever improved their online ordering system! It is now free to do (it had been $5.99 per order, which is why we didn't use it a whole lot) and they have added more stores too. Took me around 30 minutes to 'shop' and tomorrow within an hour time frame I get to go and pick up everything I ordered. SO SO nice! :)  

Yes, might be a little lazy, but I stick to my list because I don't see all the other things I could buy, my kids (or husband) don't throw things in the cart that aren't on the list, and it is so much less stressful for large trips like this one was. Smaller trips for just a few things I wouldn't use it, but I think we will be using that more often now for larger trips.

Do any of your grocery stores have services like this available? To my knowledge, the store I went through is the only one around here that offers this awesome service :)