Sunday, May 18, 2014

Schooling

As Kid1 got older, we began talking about school. My husband and I felt we were to homeschool. After talking to good friends of ours I learned more about one way they schooled - cyber school. We decided to look more into that and that was the route we went. Kid1 is now finishing up 1st grade through a state cyber charter school. He loves it...I love it too!

Lately, though, I have been looking into other options. I have heard rumors of some changes possibly coming. Also, I figured it would be good to have a back up plan incase it is needed. So I have been getting a little more information from another state cyber charter school, as well as ABeka Academy and Calvert. 


I never thought figuring out things with cyber schooling / homeschooling would get so complicated some times and would be so difficult at times. As of right now, we are fairly certain we will be staying with the cyber charter school, but it is nice to have some back up options. Also they are nice to have incase something ever happens that the school would have to close. When Kid2 gets to school age, I plan to cyber/homeschool her as well.


I know it is not for everyone, but I know for us that we are supposed to do school at home in some way :) I know for Kid1 right now that it is the best for him! And Kid2 always asks when she gets to do school too :)