Wednesday, May 21, 2014

So Excited!!

I am so excited today! Tonight we are ordering our 2nd grade curriculum for next year! We are going with ABeka's Independent study DVD program. Taking part in one of their online informational meetings about the academy this afternoon.

Also excited because the cursive writing books I ordered through ABeka come today. I had to explain to Kid1 why I had to order him the books - he didn't realize that ABeka starts to teach cursive in Kindergarten. With the cyber school we are currently with they don't start until mid-2nd grade so he has had no cursive writing experience at all as of right now. So we'll be working through the cursive writing books this summer to get him all ready for 2nd grade next year with them.

Thankfully there isn't too much that was covered in 1st grade ABeka that was not covered in 1st grade with our cyber school. I'm going to be looking over what all they learned in 1st grade to see if there is anything else I need to help prepare him for for next school year.

So its an exciting day in our house today! Even Kid1 is excited to get the books and is excited for me to order the curriculum for next year! :)