Sunday, May 18, 2014

We Have Made Our Decision!!

Well my husband and I have made our decision - we are taking our son out of cyber school for next year and I will be traditionally homeschooling him. I'm excited...I'm nervous...So I guess you could say I am nervously excited :)

We are going to use ABeka Academy's 2nd grade DVD video independent study program. I really like what I have seen of their curriculum and am excited to get it ordered here soon. And another perk is I get to put my college education to use some more. I have a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood and Elementary Education. Now, Kid1 is a bit nervous about this change since it is something new, curriculum he has never experienced before, but I know he will adapt well and do great with it. Will be some learning and adjusting for both of us to do.

Just like being a stay at home parent isn't for everyone, I know homeschooling is not for everyone as well. And that's fine. I've had people who just don't understand why we have chosen to cyber/homeschool. But we know for us...for our family...this is the path we are supposed to go on for schooling, at least at this point in time.

I have to admit, I'm so happy we finally made the decision for school for next year and have such a great peace with our decision as well :)